Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 9

I cant believe that time flies so fast..I mean really fast. One day we were like kids playing Mario Brothers and Pac Man using our Family Computer and the ever so famous Brickgame...then all of a sudden, we are swiping almost everything with our fingers. I am guilty of that because I own 2 touch screen gadgets, Hachi (my new cellphone) and Jireh (my iPod touch). (Thank God for these gadgets)

The actual KALESA I rode

Everything has changed, as in almost everything. Like during the Spanish Occupation, the eliteness of an individual was determined by his manner of living. Riding a Kalesa is one of the determinants whether you belong in the elite class or the not-so-elite class. I cant understand why riding kalesa these days made us feel awkward.

Today was a real "DO A HARD THING" experience for me. On my home, I rode the Kalesa. It felt good, though you cant really avoid the stares of the people-- a corporate guy like me riding the Kalesa. The anticipation for awkwardness became a learning experience for me...that there are new things that we need to love and old things that we need to cherish.

I love the Kalesa and will forever love it.

I remembered a song when i was a kid and we used to sing it during my glee club days. It goes like this:

Kalesa'y may pang-akit na taglay
Maginhawa't di maalinsangan
Nakahahalina kung pagmasdan
Kalesa ay pambayang sasakyan

Kabayo ay di natin problema
Pulot at damo lang ay tama na
Matulin din sa kalsada
Tumatakbong maginhawa
Wala pang gasolina

From this day onwards, I hereby declare, that the KALESA will be the official mode of transport of the Kingdom Toivoa.

Long Live the Great King!

***

SUMO SAM


Today, a good friend of mine, a balikbayan from the States, Jecy Marie, invited me to hang out, to have a little chat and to have a HUGE update with each other. We chose to dine at the Japanese-Inspired Restaurant--SUMO SAM.


The RED HOT JAPANESE ambiance was a turn on. The decorations and the table arrangement justified the said theme. It was not a cozy place for family hang outs but its more of a night-out Corporate Barkada restaurant. I dont recommend this to students because the price is. . . oh never mind.



Conversation?I guess because of the RED AMBIANCE, our conversations were majorly related to heartbreak stories and more serious matters. (right ate jem? LOL)


For the food, I cannot contest the fact that it doesnt taste "instant" like any other Japanese Restaurants. Also, variety of SUSHI'S and MAKI'S are available.


SUMO SAM is located at the 2nd Floor of Marquee Mall, Angeles City.

(Thanks Ate Jem for the hang out! See you next week! Dont leave yet ok?)

***

1 comment:

  1. "Kalesa'y may pang-akit na taglay..."

    indeed I was able to reminisce my high school days because of that song. my barkadas do sing that song during rehearsals because we all sometime got to be a part of our Alma matter performing groups.. :D

    love it.. :D

    ReplyDelete