Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 16

Today, the Philippines welcomed its new Leader- President Benigno Aquino III. Personally, I voted the elected President, and I believe that he won for a reason. I believe a new life for my country.

If President Noynoy gave his Inspirational-Inaugural Speech for the country, I will give my personal citizen's speech. Allow me to narrate it:


My Personal Citizen's Speech


There is a reason why I was born here. There is a purpose why Im not an American, a Japanese, an Arab or an Australian. There is a reason why I am a Filipino. God has placed me here for a reason.


My country has suffered a lot. It was bruised many times. It was degraded for many centuries. Now, let the prophecies be fulfilled, that this nation will rise above other nations. That this nation will rise again to proclaim the glory of God.


Bayang Magiliw, Perlas ng Silanganan, LUPANG HINIRANG, Duyan ng Magiting, Lupa ng araw-- these phrases are not just lyrics from the national anthem, but they are fulfillment to God's promises.


"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land." - 2 Chronicles 7:14


As a citizen of this Country, I will do my best in order to fulfill my Country's Dream.


As a leader and member of the Church, I will help the church in nurturing the Youth and Children in terms of their relationship with the Great King. I will use my abilities in proclaiming God's goodness to the World. By producing Christ-loving and Christ-like individuals, our country will soar like an eagle.


As a public servant and employee of Department of Trade and Industry I will help my country in developing its industries and businesses, to encourage individuals to put up their businesses,to promote the products of this province and this country. I will do my best to be a good employee, to be aware and vigilant of any misconducts.


As a member of my family, I will love my parents and honor them. I will be a good example and inspiration to my cousins and younger relatives. The family is the smallest unit of the society, stronger Families means stronger Country.


As an individual gifted with life by the great King, i will take responsibility for my actions, I will take care of my body, I will do small things with big impacts, I will have sex after marriage, I will throw the trash on the proper bin, I will exercise, I will not overwork, I will cross the pedestrian lane, I will pay my taxes, I will vote, I will not abuse my body with cigars and beers, I will continue loving, singing, dreaming, hoping, becoming the person God wanted me to be.


This is my offering for my country.

This is my contribution for the country's welfare.


So Help me God.

God Bless the Philippines!

2 comments:

  1. Pilipinas, Bayan ka ni Yahweh!
    Pinagpala ng Maykapal, inibig at ikinarangal.
    PILIPINAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome 'speech'. sobrang nationalistic mo.this speech has made me as hopeful as the incoming administration of P-Noy. have a nice day!

    Flor
    kcatwoman
    ldspinay
    Bookneneng

    ReplyDelete