Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 2

My journey to Bambusca Land was worthwhile for I have learned a lot. Unfortunately, it was about to end and it was sad for me to leave the place because I felt the warmth of the people in the land.

On my way back to the castle, I saw this beautiful pond. It was so attractive because the water sparkled like the stars in the night sky. But the feeling was eerie. The place is muted. No sounds of birds chirping nor sounds of leaves rustling. Its plain quiet. Then out of the silence, I heard a voice saying "You're not good enough." I was terrified. I geared up my sword. A louder voice shouted "You are ugly". The voice is so loud that I suffered a 10-second moment of deafness. Tiny voices then followed saying "you must be like this", "you must be like him", "You must act like that", "Be like that", "Be like him". Instead of ignoring the voices, I was caught up believing all the things I'm hearing.


All of a sudden, A huge earthquake followed, and on the pond emerged a giant. The giant is three times my size. It has 6 green horns and has tattered clothes. It was the Giant of Standards.


Toivoan legends talked about this giant that it has the power to discourage one who attempt to go near his pond. He throw ORBS OF DISCOURAGEMENT to his opponents . He also discourage passers-by using VOICES OF STANDARDS. With his weapons, he could turn the mind of a brave warrior into a mind full of self doubts and with thoughts of worthlessness.

As for me, I need to fight this giant once and for all. As the giant propelled his orbs, i used my SHIELD OF TRUTH to protect myself. The SHIELD OF TRUTH suddenly emitted a rainbow-colored fog and it blocked not only the ORBS but also the sight of the GIANT.

The giant became weak and it collapsed. I went near him, I prepared my sword and shouted "YOU WILL NO LONGER ENSLAVE THE THOUGHTS AND THE MINDS OF MORTALS PASSING BY THIS POND. WE ARE ALL UNIQUE AND WE DO NOT NEED YOUR STANDARDS TO FEEL BETTER. THE GREAT KING KNOWS OUR HEARTS AND HE LOVES US NO MATTER WHAT" and then struck the giant in the heart.


* * *

Most of the time, we are limited with the standards of this world. We tend to be someone we are not. We wanted to be like THIS because it is "acceptable" in the world. We act like this because this is what the majority is doing.

WE are deprived to give our best because we feel like this is something that people will laugh about. We deprive ourselves with excellence because this world loves ordinary and hates the extra-ordinary. People will call you "weird" when you do a certain thing that makes you happy. DONT MIND THEM. Fight your Giant of Standards with TRUTH as your weapon! For it is the TRUTH that will set you free (John 8:32), and the TRUTH is that you are one in a million, you are created uniquely!

Long live the Great King!

No comments:

Post a Comment