Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 3

Hello once again to my topsy turvy blog.
For Day 3, I would like to give you a tour to my Royal Library. (I dont want to allegorize this post for the mean time because this is a book review :)



This time, I'll show you a new book to my collection. The title of the book is "Buhay na Hindi Bitin:How to Live a Worry-Free and Content Life."

How I got it?
A group of Angelpreneurs (merchant helpers) came to the kingdom today to conduct talks to merchants and entrepreneurs. The author of the said book gave a talk about Marketing. During his talk, he slipped in a "raffle" type game where you have to send him a random text message. The first 22 texters will receive the above mentioned book.

You know what happened next.

How do I find the book?
Its just a thin book, more like a brochure type book, with 26 pages. You could read it for like 20 minutes or less. I already saw this book before at a Christian bookstore(PCBS) but I just ignored it. I thought that everything was just "basic."

But when I opened the book, I saw the author's sincerity to every choice of words, every sentence and every paragraph. Yes, the principles are basic but very powerful. The book teaches us on how to live a worry-free life aligned with Biblical proportions. It will remind us also about the love of God that He gave away his son to die on the cross for us. My favorite verses were also cited in the book, which reminded me that these verses are not just "favorites" but also life changing.

Recommendations

I recommend this book to people who have felt that life is just life, for this book will teach us that there is more to life. Life with Jesus is waaaaaaaay too different from the life without him.

But of course, I recommend this with great emphasis to Christians who already attained a higher level of spirituality. Sometimes, we need to be reminded about our foundations of our faith every now and then. No matter how "spirit-filled" and "high" we are, we still need these principles.

The Author
Like what I've said above, I saw the book in a Christian bookstore and I saw the OMF logo at the back of the book. When the author claimed the authorship of the book at the start of his talk, i said to myself, "I know, this guy is different from the rest." His own success story inspired me. He experienced bankruptcy in business and almost lost his wife because of a disease called Lupus. But because of his 'Persistence and Prayers" he surpassed the challenges life has in store for him.

Sir Ardy Roberto is an author, entrepreneur, speaker and international award winning seminar producer. He is a columnist of Philippine Daily Inquirer (Marketing Rx). He is also the founder and chairman of the Salt and Light Ventures Inc., an event organizer enterprise.

Anyway, I asked him to sign the book. To tell you honestly, this is my first book that was signed by the author. This is now one of my priceless treasures-- a true Toivoan treasure.

***

The book is available, if im not mistaken, at PCBS (For people of Angeles, PCBS is located at the 2nd Floor of Bart Mall)

No comments:

Post a Comment