Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 12

Homesick

There was a point in my life that I felt series of Homesickness. Its one of the worst seasons of my life.
I worked at a certain company which required me to handle 1/2 of Luzon. It was a large area therefore giving me large responsibility. Technically, I was away from home during weekdays and stayed at different hotels.

I cant deny the fact that Hotels give me doses of pleasure. Aside from the friendly staff that treats you like real royalties, their buffet is like a dream. Hundreds and Hundreds of meals from different origins are there, and all you have to do is to choose and eat. The comfortable bed with white covers, the soft towels, the freebies in the bathroom, warm showers...the list goes on.

But at the end of the day, before I sleep, theres something in me that really misses Home. Unconsciously, it led me to tears. I missed the smell of sauteed food of my mom, the smell of the termite-infested wood, the plastic flowers decoration of my grandma, the quilted coverings of my bed, the old-school pictures in our wall, my dad's showcase of HotWheel toys, our mini-pinscher, my desk, our small garden...everything about home.

Everytime my parents drive me to the Bus Station at 4am during Mondays, I often feel distressed that I have to leave them for another week. Me and my parents have this uncomparable bond that leaving them really sucks. That scenario during Mondays continued for weeks.

The hostility of my North Luzon office added to my agony. I was 5 hours away from home and I do not feel happy. During those times, I planned to just stand up, carry my bag, leave the office and head towards home.

I wonder what our Overseas Workers feel being far away from home. Homesickness manifested in my life like I just cry for no reason at all, and Im just 5 hours away from home and within the bounds of the country.

Home is where the heart is. Its a very common and overused quote, but its really true. It is in our Home where we could be ourselves, where we could do things that we really love, where we could rest.

God is like our home. It is in God that we find peace during our dark times. It is in God that we find hope during hopelessness. It is in God that we find answers to our doubts. He is our refuge and stronghold in times of trouble. Let us come to him for rest, for restoration, for LIFE.

What about you?Are you homesick?


***

WELCOME TO MY HOME

My closet door

The view from my window



Here's my working desk--where I write my blog

My Statue of Liberty Decor



The shell curtain for the second floor.

The plastic flowers of my lola

Pictures on the wall

A sculpture of Jesus

My Dad's Vintage Car Collection

Our Mini Pinscher-- Chico

***

No comments:

Post a Comment