Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 4

The Puerile Vacuum

Puerile- (adj) Of or characteristic of a child.

A Puerile Vacuum is a force orbiting the kingdom of Toivoa. Legend of our land tells us that a person sucked into the vacuum will experience a deep magical sleep. The sleep will cause the person to dream of his/her childhood days.


While having my daily routine at the League of Merchant Helpers headquarters, the vacuum got inside and POOF, it took me. Suddenly, I fell into a deep sleep.




INSIDE THE PUERILE VACUUM

I automatically heard music from my childhood days as I was vacuumed inside the Puerile Vacuum. I heard songs like:


Gusto kong liparin ang tayog ng ulap (I want to fly to the highest clouds)

Gusto kong sisirin ang lalim ng dagat (I want to dive the depth of the oceans)

Gusto kong akyatin ang tuktok ng bundok (I want to climb the mountain peaks)

Tuklasin ang hiwagang, sa puso ko'y bumabalot (Discover the mystery that covers my heart)


Hirayamanawari

Hirayamanawari

Mga pangarap natin ating abutin (Lets reach our dreams)

Sa lakas ng isipan (The strength of our imagination)

At busilak na kalooban (and the goodness of the heart)

Hirayamanawari, ating abutin (Lets reach for Hirayamanawari)



Hirayamanawari, I don’t know the exact meaning of the word, but it was a show from my childhood days. It was filled with magical stories with moral virtues and values. I love to bring back those shows and watch them again. I want to be reminded of these values again, and again and again.


Having a child-like faith is very important. Sometimes, that’s all we need to kiss the "complicated life" goodbye. Lets always see the magic of everyday life, not the stress of it. Lets see the miracles of life, not the miseries. Like a child, everything is simple, everything is basic, BUT we cannot contest that everything that they do is magical.


***


Other shows such as Math-tinik, Sineskwela, Bayani, Awit Titik at Bilang, Ang TV, Prince Cedie and Princess Sarah became part of my childhood. Whats your favorite show when you were a child?

1 comment:

  1. This one is the most amazing, to date. It creeped me out...oh, that TV show...you write so poetically and I admire your style...

    ReplyDelete