Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 42

We always desire for change. We always want to be good, but circumstances deprives us to be one. The Filipino cliche "Gusto kong bumait pero di ko magawa" became the life quote of people in the cycle of life...the treadmill of ups and downs.

I myself embraced that famous saying. I want to be good, but I cannot. I want to change, but its hard. I want to change but after a couple of days, I'll be back again with the undying past...the old self. The character you once hated is back again.

I just want to share a verse I've read today and you'll find it in Psalms 37:3-7:

Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!

First, if you want to change, what are your motives? Second, ask yourself if these motives source from the desire to make you feel good, or be proud of yourself or is it because you want to glorify the Great King?

Any reasons/motives for changing other than the desire to glorify God is a dead end.

Always remember that God works for His glory...meaning that in everything we do, we must glorify Him.

"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." (1 Corinthians 10:31)

1 comment:

  1. This is very reflective. I appreciate how you add a touch of something spiritual on your blog.

    ReplyDelete