Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 22

DAY 22

SMALL BUT TERRIBLE

Text: Matthew 13:31-35

Mechanics:Aquire or pick one small object that made you smile for the day. It could be anything, a piece of rock, a pen, a picture, etc. Reflect. Pray



As soon as I woke up this day, I readily looked for a small object that will definitely make me smile. Pillow? No. The Bar of soap in the bathroom? I don’t think so. My cellphone? Definitely not.

I went to the office, having that same goal. I stayed there for 9 hours in front of the computer screen. Could it be the mouse? No. The post-it note? Nah! The keyboard? No. No. No.

I suddenly forgot this goal for I was rudely interrupted by a kid in the office. He is really naughty and hyperactive. He wanted to play with me. He did sorts of irritating things which definitely bothered me. But his desire to play with me is something, as if he is desperate for a playmate. At the back of my mind, I wasn’t really that irritated. Something in me wanted to be that kid-Worry-free, hyper, and crazy! I want to be like him. I just want to run around, break free from the pressures of work and irritate people (haha). Being a Kid is a magical experience.

After office, I have decided to get back to my goal in looking for a small object that will make me smile for the day. I planned a nature walk at the park anticipating that I will see a product of nature. I don’t want to go alone so I asked my little nephew to join me. Well, this nephew of mine was really a pet peeve, but I have no choice…I need a companion. While walking and just looking at my nephew who kept on talking (note: Im wearing my earphones and still, I can hear him talk), I realized that the kid has this same magic like that of the kid in the office. He taught me the same thing-- enjoy life regardless of what people might think of you.

As soon as we arrived at the park, I saw a heavenly scene. I saw bunch of kids playing in the play ground. Some of them were biking. Some were running. Some were petting their dogs. Some play pretend. I sat down there to rest and enjoyed the scene. My nephew sat next to me. I saw the kids played as if it was their last. Their happiness is contagious. Regretfully, I forgot my cam at home.

As I've reflected, I realized that I was looking for the "little thing that made you smile" at the wrong places. The kid in the office, my nephew, the kids in the park-- small but terrible. They taught me lessons--priceless lessons-regardless of how small they are.


***

No comments:

Post a Comment