Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Day 23

BLIND!
Text: John 9
Mechanics: Read the text. Blindfold your eyes while reflecting.


Before I started this devotion in action, one of my royal sibling shared to me a scary experience while having his duty at a certain hospital. He saw a little ghost playing in the operating room. It was said that the ghost was a patient in the hospital years and years ago who experienced negligence from the doctors. This experience triggered my brother's scary nightmares about the devil trying to choke him. He asked special prayers for this.

After that, I entered my room, read the text and placed the blindfold around my head covering my eyes. I cant help but to remember the story of my brother. Something in me felt really anxious that time. But I prayed and optimized the experience. It was a relief. But the fact that I am in a room, with blinded eyes really scares me. I heard some normal noises which freaked me out. I was uncomfortable. But I continued to talk to God. He never failed to give me relief.

As I pondered the activity, I realized that life without Jesus is the same thing as with blindfold in our eyes--scary, unpredictable, uncomfortable, sad and dark. We were once there, but because of the Great King's love for us, he is ever more willing to "get a soil, spit on it and wipe it on our blinded eyes" (read John 9 to relate)

To God be the Glory!

***
What happened to me this day: --went to Bambusca Tribe (Lubao) and talked to the town's Mayor. This will be the last meeting for the launching, and on monday, The Bamboo Negosyo Village will be inaugurated.--



Update on the Bamboo Village: New sprouts from the Bamboo Propagules (look at the elongated thin bamboo attached to the big ones) and 2 large greenhouses. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment