Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 38

The following pictures you are about to see were taken during the Fernandino Waterlily Handicrafts Association Productivity Seminar and Team Building. This was officially my first organized activity at DTI.

This activity became a struggle for me. First, it is a huge responsibility because you have to create a proposal first, target some sponsors and should accept disapproval from bosses or other agencies. Second, I need to have a strong networking skill. I need to talk to bunch of people for the event. Third, I should be facilitating the event and to oversee everything...meaning I must be alert during emergencies and "unwanted" circumstances. My motivation is to help this micro business.

I want this project to be successful as much as possible, as I've mentioned, this is my first project to handle.

So, what is this project all about?

I handle the portfolio of the Fernandino Waterlily Handicrafts Association and one of my major task is for me to help the association grow and to prosper in their business. Together with my colleagues, we planned to give them a Team Building, Values Formation Seminar, Pricing and Costing Seminar and a Productivity Seminar. The objective of the activity is to foster a good working environment and good working relationship among the members, to be able to have knowledge in the basics of financial management and to be able to maintain orderliness in the workplace.

The preparation was really tough, especially yesterday. Everything was already prepared, all the funds are already available (including the fund I've mentioned before during Day 32) and the guests will surely come. I only need the attendance of the participants (association members). One of their leaders texted me that they cannot attend because they have no means to travel. Another leader texted me that instead of 10, only 3 of them will come due to the same reason. I have nothing against them for I understand their situation, but I cannot really accept the fact that I will conduct an activity without attendees. I targeted 40 participants and on my list, there were only less than 20.

I was really bothered about what happened until I saw a mail package from CBN Asia in my room. I opened it and there I saw a brochure which stated "LAHAT POSIBLE, MAGTIWALA KA" (Everything is Possible, Believe). The statement calmed me and gave me peace...that whatever happens during the event, because God knows I gave my best shot at this project and I just need to believe that this event will be more than successful.

And God did his part :


I expected 15 out of 40 targets... 36 came :)


Mr. Perry Paz of Success Group of Companies handled the Team Building. He was really effective and good.

Mr. Perry asked the participants to write their dreams on a sheet of paper, to post it on their shirt, choose a partner and share their dreams. The purpose of this activity is to break the ice between the participants.

Some of them became really emotional.

After that, a group activity was conducted. The Team was divided into two. Each group was given a pile of newspapers, one roll of masking tape and one yarn. They have to create movable, strong, unique... BRIDGES.


The members already drafted their perspective bridges and planned on how to construct it.

The very artistic Waterlily Women used their talent to construct their Bridge.

This is the final Bridge of group 1. They called it TULAY NG PAGBABAGO.

The final bridge of group 2 and they called it TULAY NG LAGING HANDA. Both bridges were really strong, unique and movable. Mr. Perry used the BRIDGE to illustrate the bridging of gaps between you and your co-worker.

Talete Ning Pamanyulung Kapampangan, led by Mr. Angeles conducted a Financing Forum for the Participants. This was a gift from God. Mr. Perry contacted Mr. Angeles during that same day so that they could help the Association for their investment facilitation. This will be a best practice for me and the team.

PLDT was another gift from God. 2 days ago, some agents from PLDT went into the office and approached me that they could give assistance during the event. PLDT has provided us with the tarp of the event and they gave the participants free notebooks. They also presented their products and services with the use of booths which made the venue cooler.

Aside from the booth, Mr. Rico of PLDT presented their products to the participants.



Hey. I presented too. Will you look at that. So, I presented the 5S of Good Housekeeping. It was a really cool but OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE topic.

Our Division Chief, Ms. Lydia Rivera presented a Pricing and Costing Seminar to the participants. Ms. Lydia's seminar ended the activity proper.

This is Ms. Noreen Bautista, Social Entrepreneurship Director of Jacinto and Lirio giving the participants the updates with regard to their company. J and L is one of the clients of Fernandino Waterlily Handicrafts Association. They order leatherized waterlily sheets and convert them into World Class bags.

This is Ms. Lydia Rivera, together with Ms. Daisy Morales, Team Leader of Pinatubo Hazard Urgent Mitigation Project Phase 3. PHUMPP3 is one of our tapped partners during this event. The violet bag is one of the products of Jacinto and Lirio.

(from L to R), Emil Galang of DTI, Darby Bognot of DTI, Perry Paz of Success Group of Companies, Mr. Angeles of TPKI, Ms. Maricris of PLDT, Ms. Erika Manansala of PLDT, Mr. Rico of PLDT, Ms. Gloria Emillare of FWHA, Ms. Noreen Bautista of J and L and Ms. Anne Mariposa of J and L.

The organizers and Participants of the event.


I thank the Lord for making this a "more than a successful" event. Without him, this event will be impossible. Let us pray for the future success of the Waterlily Business.

***

If you want to visit the website of Jacinto and Lirio and order Waterlily bags, just click this link below or copy paste the site in your address box.

www.jacintoandlirio.com

***

Please watch the 700 club asia at QTV 11, 11pm, July 26-30 for a one week Telethon. It will be a live broadcast about changed lives through the grace of Jesus Christ.

***

Room Updates:

These are the "before" pictures. You'll see a black wall because I really cant decide (last year) on what to put here. It remained stagnant for a year.



Black is one of my favorite colors. It matches with everything. It can be either formal or informal.

Anyway, I added again golden yellow checkered boxes to complement the black wall.



One of my friends asked: Did you used paint?

Well the answer?

I cant give it away.

Here's a clue: My expenses for this corner (both the red/yellow and black/yellow wall) is P220.00 only.

***

2 comments:

  1. I see, is this made of wallpaper?
    The colors are striking, it's like your blog.
    Minus the red! Red made it splashed. :'D
    Congratulations to your revamped room.

    I'm sure the little prince will enjoy
    his slumber. Happy dreams. :'D

    ReplyDelete
  2. one of the fave colors mu yung black? I never knew that.haha

    ReplyDelete