Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 33

Watching cartoons is a certified "escape from reality". I've been spending money lately, buying animated vcds and dvds. As a guilty pleasure, I buy in bulks. Stress provoked me to collect. Having a friend (Princess Belle) with the same pursuit makes it more...Magical.

I was born during the VHS era and I grew up with it. As far as I can remember, you are well-off if you have VHS tapes. Belonging in an average family, my parents write letters to my godfather in the United States to send me Disney VHS. I was 5 then.

After months of waiting, I received bulks of Disney films and one of which is Pinocchio. Among all others, Pinocchio became my favorite. Unfortunately, I lost it. I cannot remember how, but it's gone. To replace it, my parents bought Jungle Book (the human version) which I definitely dislike.

We grew up. Teenhood arrived. Watching Cartoons became off. But as for me, it didn't. Im still caught in the Childhood state of mind.


For today, I watched Pinocchio, my favorite cartoon. It was a reunion for me and the film. I missed the little boy Pinocchio, his father Gepetto, Figaro the Cat, Cleo the goldfish, and most importantly, Jimminey Cricket, Pinocchio's conscience. How could I forget the lesson of the movie--Lying is a no-no, following your conscience is a must and that being brave will save people--classic, but timely.

DVDs and CDs of Cartoon Classics became very accessible nowadays. You'll find cheap original DVDs and CDS at your favorite record bars. Grab one CD. Be nostalgic of your childhood days. Be trapped in the magic it will bring.

***

To TG officers and alumni, thanks for giving me the chance to judge the audition and be "Randy Jackson" for a while. The incoming batch is really promising and I saw it in my eyes.

I really miss the family. TG helped me a lot especially during my last year at HAU. Aside from God, I found my strength in TG. The values and discipline the family gave me are still in my heart. It also helped me to build my confidence not just with my talents but life in general.

I love you all, although I cannot be with you guys all the time, you are all in my heart...and in my ipod (pictures e, haha)

More power and KEEP ON BELIEVING!

God bless!

***

1 comment: