Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 20

Church Story #1

The Wheelchair


One thing I love about Sunday Services, aside from the absolutely amazing worship experience, is that you'll see Bible Stories and Bible Principles unfold in your very eyes.


I sat at the last pew of the church for I failed to attend Choir Practice due to a similar important meeting. Anyway, while waiting for the service to start, I saw people arrived, shaked hands with their friends and relatives. This is a view I rarely see for I always sit in front.


Then I saw an elderly guy assist his wife by pushing her wheelchair. After arriving at their chosen pew, he assisted his wife to stand out of the wheel chair, walked few steps to the pews and sat down, difficultly.


After a couple of minutes, another scene caught my attention. It was a young man, carrying an older lady who cannot walk. They picked their pew, sat down as the Sunday Service started.


I was amazed at the wife and the older lady's desire to worship God amidst their disabilities. Their persistence is admirable. On the other hand, it made me sad because there are times that we fail to go to church because we are too tired, too sick, or too busy. Often times, we justify our absences with irrational reasons.


All the more, I was amazed by the people who assisted them to go to church. It reminded me of the story in the bible about four friends who carried their paralyzed friend to Jesus. They found a way to bring him to Jesus amidst the big crowd.


"When Jesus entered Capernaum, the people heard that He had come home. So many gathered that there was no room left, even outside the door, and He preached the word to them. Some men came, bringing to Him a paralytic, carried by four of them. Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus and, after digging through it, lowered the mat the paralyzed man was lying on."


"When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, 'Son, your sins are forgiven' ... He said to the paralytic, 'Get up, take your mat and go home.' He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, "We have never seen anything like this!" - Mark 2


***

Church Story # 2

Well Done my Child


The Angelic Voices Choir is one part of our Church Service that is difficult to miss. This is the part where Kids have to sing a song during the service followed by a Congregational Prayer for the kids.


One kid sang the solo part of the song and it was great. Because I know the kid very well and know her parents, I tried to find them to see their reaction. They were at the back, standing, the mom smiling . She approached her husband and they both had big smiles that you cannot buy. They must have been proud for their child for they saw her sing the song beautifully and sang it for the glory of the Great King.


It was a view for me which gave me a thought to ponder. If I saw the parents' indescribable smile and made me smile too, what would be the Great King's look if His children make Him proud?


I remember a song we use to sang at our Youth Center when I was in college, it goes like this:


Lord I want to see you smile at me that Day

And I want to hear you say "Well done, My Child!"

***

After church, me and my parents went to TOSH for the second time. New sets of delicious foods. Then grab some bread at Breadtalk. Yummy


***

I LOVE AUSTIN!

-my Godchild-


(these pics were taken before the Sunday Service awhile ago)




Can someone tell me i look like him? Please. haha

***


No comments:

Post a Comment